5 Essential Things to Know About SEO
From the very start of the Internet era, the first and foremost challenge which we all are facing is how to attract qualified visitors to a site. The days has gone past when only populating and stuffing keywords in META tags and Title tags were enough to rank high on the search engines. Massive funding and buying links is not going to work now as well, these all seems old stories now as search engines has grown much mature now. These all practices also sound unethical in true nature of business.
As an SEO lover, with ambitions of experimenting with all possible things and knowing the results has let me to share you with something very beneficial. If you can give more time than money, believe me, you can beat much of the competition in the market and you will stand distinguishable from the others in your area. The outcome of these trial and error techniques sets the foundation of our SEO efforts and the basis for the constant growth of traffic to website.
There are many things, an SEO expert should about, but I will later on present in this article the 5 major and essential things, which are important to consider in making your SEO efforts work. The straightforward fact of the subject is this: skill in any other form of writing in no way qualifies one for the style of writing necessary to optimize a website for the Internet. There are numerous websites which have less than acceptable punctuation, grammar, and even spellings which rank No. 1 in their optimized search keywords. This is not to state that I do not think these things are significant, only that to be found in the searches, they are not of the most important concern.
This is found from many studies that over 80% of all online users utilize search engines to find what they are searching for, whether products or services, or just some information regarding any topic (technical or general).
The following 5 essential points will summarize a methodology or approach to the Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and what should you know about as an SEO Expert.
1. Content is KING. Professional optimized and quality content is the single most important factor in any SEO promotion. Search engines index sites based on the content found on each and every webpage of the website. With a comprehensive understanding of the language and niche area and with unique content one can achieve higher SERP’s (Search Engine Results Position/Pages), and can move the website up in the competition hierarchy. This will remain the number one factor for someone seriously putting effort to come top on the result pages.
2. The SEO is not 100% predictable. One cannot say that his SEO implementation will make the site come on first page in No. 1 position. If he is doing so, is making a cheat and false promise that even he doesn’t have belief in. No one can guarantee a No. 1 position on Google, or any other search engine. Those who promise will either optimize for long tail keywords and some very unpopular terms whom no one will ever likely look for or they are making a fake claim. Some may even try black hat SEO techniques which will finally result in penalizing the website by Google in the long run and putting the site in the sandbox.
3. Few things are silly which don’t have anything to do with rankings or optimization and are a waste of time. You don't require submitting your website to 10,000 search engines. SEO services which suggest or offer this are in fact fake. As we know Google occupy much of the search engine market, you can say probably more than 80%; rest is fulfilled by Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista, Askjeeves and few others. So there is no point to make here and you can recognize the quality and credibility of service the company is going to offer.
4. SEO is not PPC. This is another essential point to ponder. While there is no argue to make with the usefulness of getting increased traffic and visits, through a well executed and planned PPC campaign, the fact still remains that the conversion rates are normally low and they stop the moment the "PAY" stops. With a well designed and executed SEO campaign, while outcomes may take a bit longer time, they continue to grow exponentially after a specific period of time say 6-9 months. This is in fact the least period required for a new website to rank well but once achieved with patience and humble, it will give you better ROI and revenue than the paid campaigns.
5. A thought to consider. At risk, in the competition for the top, is the very existence of your site, your business, and perhaps your reputation. Be careful of any shortcuts or less than ethical because there is no shortcut to success and there isn’t any long lasting business without business ethics. When it is all said and done it is you, the enterprise owner, who holds the liability for individual you hire. Try to insist knowing precisely what the plan is and what steps are being performed to apply it for the SEO optimization. There is no secret or rocket science behind SEO activities that a firm can’t disclose, so try asking about what approach will be used, how it will be used and how the budget will be distributed among various activities.